These delicious pancakes get made at least once a week in the Living Dead Cakes kitchen and its normally my daughter who wants them, she is a pancake fiend.
They are super quick and easy to make and you can add anything you like from blueberries to dairy free chocolate chips. Perfect for pancake day!
This caramel sauce is absolutely amazing, you can drizzle it over the pancakes or use it on anything else you like, ice cream, hot chocolate anything you fancy.
For the caramel sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan add the sugar and water, give it a little mix to combine the water and melt it on a medium heat until it changes to a medium amber colour,
- Once your sugar has reached an amber colour take it off the heat and carefully add the butter, coconut cream & vanilla paste and mix well, be careful it will be super hot!
- Once its all combined pour into a bowl and leave to cool on the counter and once cool place in the fridge to cool completely as it cools in the fridge it will thicken up.
For the Pancakes:
- 200g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
- Pinch Of Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 200ml Plant Milk
- 150g blueberries
- Little oil for frying
- In a bowl add all your dry ingredients and mix until will combined.
- Add your wet ingredients and mix well, don’t worry if its a little lumpy just make sure there is no big lumps
- Heat a frying pan until its hot on a medium heat and add a spoon full of your pancake batter if your adding blueberries add a few to the batter now while its cooking,
- Let cook on one side for 2-3 and flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Cook all your pancakes and serve with the caramel sauce & some vegan cream.
Hope everyone enjoys their yummy pancakes on pancake day & don’t forget to enter our give away on our Facebook Page.