If you made or are planning to make my sweet chilli jam you might want to make this one too. They are a match made in heaven and both go amazingly with vegan cheese & crackers.
This chutney is unlike other chutneys that require time to mature, this one is ready to eat the second it is cold and is super fast and easy to make. It along with my sweet chilli jam would make a perfect last minute gift,
This recipe makes approx. 5 190ml jars.
- 150g Soft Brown Sugar
- 4-5 Large Apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 4-5 Large Pears, Peeled cored & chopped
- 100g Medjool dates, chopped
- 300g Cranberries
- 120ml White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Lots of fresh ground pepper
- Wash your empty jam jars & lids and place in a hot oven for 20 minutes to sterilise.
- While the jars are in the oven, In a large saucepan add all your ingredients and bring to a boil,
- Once at a boil lower the heat to medium/low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until you reach a thick bubbly rich red chutney, taste and add lots of fresh ground black pepper and extra salt if needed.
- Once the seasoning is to your taste add to the hot sterilised jars, add the lids and leave to cool completely before adding your labels.
Keeps for 4-6 weeks, once open keep the fridge.