This sweet spicy jam makes perfect gifts for the holiday season, Super easy to make & is the best chilli jam I have ever tasted, I make this ever year & share it with my friends and family.
Perfect with some vegan cheese & gluten free crackers.
Makes a great addition to a vegan cheese board.
This recipe makes approx. 6 190ml jars.
- 9-10 Red & Green Peppers. deseeded & roughly chopped
- 10 Red Chilli’s, roughly chopped
- 800g Granulated Sugar
- 400g can of Chopped tomatoes
- 300ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 Cloves Of Garlic, peeled
- 1 large finger sized piece of root ginger, peeled & chopped
- Using a food processor add your peppers, chilli’s (with seeds), garlic, ginger and pulse until they are very finely chopped
- Add your chopped pepper mixture to a sauce pan with the sugar, tomatoes, red wine vinegar & bring it all to the boil,
- Once it has reached a rolling boil lower the heat to medium high and simmer for 50/60 minutes, skimming of any orange foam, stir occasionally.
- While your jam is bubbling away wash your empty jam jars & lids and place in a hot oven for 20 minutes to sterilise.
- After 50/60 minutes your jam should be thick, red and looking sticky & delicious once you are happy with the constancy of your jam spoon carefully into your hot sterilised jars & place on the lids.
- Once they are completely cold you can add your own labels.
The jam keeps for about 3-4 months in a cool dark place. but I don’t think it ever lasts that long when I make it, everyone has eaten it all after 2 days!