Recipe two from our 5 things to do with ripe bananas, You will thank me for this one! ?Don’t forget to give our Facebook page a like
I love banana cake and I love peanut butter so this cake for me is a match made in heaven. The salted peanuts on the top cut through the sweet cake and add something extra special. Salty & sweet is one of my favourite flavour combinations.
This recipe works better the riper and as my daughter says the uglier the bananas are.
You can use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter, I had smooth that was nearly gone so I used that.
This mixture makes 2 mini loaf tins if you want to make a large loaf tin triple the quantities of the ingredients.
- 100g Peanut butter
- 75g Caster sugar
- 2 Medium mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 Flax egg*
- 150g Self raising gluten free flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ Tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
- 60g Dark chocolate chips
- 20g Crushed salted peanuts
*Make your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp. of ground flax seed with 2 Tbsps. of water in a bowl and leave to the side for 5/10 minutes.
Pre-heat your oven to 190c/375f/ or Gas mark 5 grease your loaf tins
- Cream together the peanut butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed banana and the flax egg and mix until well combined
- Now add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, flour, and chocolate chips mix until all combined
- Pour the mix into your tins
- Sprinkle the top of cake with the crushed salted peanuts
- Bake for 25/30 minutes until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean
- Leave to cool and serve
My Tip: This cake is delicious spread with extra peanut butter or some vegan chocolate spread.