Unless you have been living under a rock the last few days you would have seen pictures of Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino posted all over social media.
Sadly for us its an American only drink and is only available for a few days in the USA, but as its full of dairy us vegans couldn’t drink it anyway BUT I have made a vegan gluten free inspired version we can drink! and its as tasty as it looks!
Its not 100% the same as the Starbucks one but its still so good. The Starbucks one goes from sweet to sour as you drink it, i’ve added sherbet to try and re-create this, & from what I have read it can not be made vegan as the blue syrup has milk in but my version is 100% vegan & gluten free and super tasty.
I’ve tried to use only supermarket ingredients, all the sweets came from Asda, but I had a bottle of Monin Bubble gum syrup in my cupboard so I have used that too.
If you want to make it a little more adult add a shot or two of vodka to it before you top with cream. (you can thank me later for that!)
Makes 2 drinks
- 65g Dairy free white chocolate
- Vegan Sprinkles
- 4-6 scoops dairy free ice cream
- Ice cubes (a few big handfuls)
- 250ml Dairy free milk
- 1 bag of Rainbow drops
- 1 bag of swizzles love heart dips
- 1 dip dab
- Strawberry ice cream sauce
- 20ml Bubble gum syrup
- Vegan food colouring (pink, blue & purple)
- Vegan cream
- Vodka (optional)
- Melt your 65g of white chocolate and dip your cup rims into the chocolate and then dip into your sprinkles, place in the fridge to set
- In a food processor (or blender) add your ice, milk, ice cream and whats left of your white chocolate and blend up until the ice is crushed.
- Separate your mix into 3 bowls and dye each bowl and different colour and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes in the freezer add 20ml of bubble gum syrup to the blue bowl, all the raspberry sherbet to the pink bowl & 2 Tbsp, of dip dap sherbet to the purple bowl.
- Dribble some strawberry sauce inside your glass & layer your colours into your glass, mixing them up a little to make it swirly. (add your vodka now if you fancy it)
- Top with vegan cream add some rainbow drops as decoration and a little more sherbet and Drink!
? Who needs Starbucks! ?
Save the unicorns!