Most people have a fond rose tinted nostalgia for the decade that they were a teenage and I was a teenager during the 90’s (the best decade EVER FYI).
Sabrina The Teenage Witch was one of my favourite shows, I loved her! I even had a purple Sabrina phone case for my Nokia 3210!
When I saw the boxset of all 7 seasons on Amazon I knew I needed to own it and show my children how totally cool 90’s tv was!
So we all sat down and started to watch season one & my daughter was hooked by the end of that first episode, we carried on with episode two, “Bundt Friday” if you haven’t re watched the show since the 90’s I will give you a quick recap. Sabrina makes a Bundt cake in her cookery class and takes some truth sprinkles to school to find out what bully Libby and her friends have been saying about her behind her back, but she also finds out that Jenny likes Harvey too! The truth can hurt.
Here is my recreation of that chocolate bundt cake Sabrina makes, and as always it’s 100% Vegan & Gluten Free and OMG its TOTALLY AMAZING but hey whatever make it for yourself and see. 😉
I also bought my bundt cake tin from Amazon too.
For the cake,
250g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
250g Dark Brown Sugar
80g Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
250ml Plant Milk (I used Soya)
150ml Dairy free plain yoghurt
50ml Vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
For the chocolate ganache
100g Dairy Free Chocolate
65g Coconut Cream
Pre-heat your oven to 170c/325f/or Gas mark 3 and grease a bundt cake tin, I used this one
- In a large bowl sift your flour and add all the other dry ingredients.
- In another smaller bowl add all your wet ingredients
- Mix both bowls well & add the wet to the dry and mix until well combined, pour your mixture into a very well greased bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once baked leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and turn out and cool completely
- To make the ganache, melt your chocolate & mix in the coconut cream, leave to cool and thicken in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- After its lovely and thick pour over your bundt cake and add a good handful of sprinkles.
This cake is super moist and so chocolaty it would make an amazing birthday cake or warmed up in the microwave for 30 seconds and served with some vegan ice cream.